The pharmaceutical sector is crucial to the US. In fact, it has an incredibly supportive environment, with an intellectual property system that offers patent and data protection, a meticulous science-based regulatory system, and an immense scientific research base.
- There are four main areas to pharmaceuticals: preparation, biological products, diagnostic substances, medicines.
- The sector’s total value for pharmaceutical shipments distributed is $202bn, with preparation contributing almost three-quarters of this.
- Industry facilities top 2,350, with the most in California, followed by New Jersey and New York.
- The US employs more than 245,000 employees in the sector.
- Firms in the US carry out more than half the world’s pharmaceutical R&D.
Looking to advance your career?
If you're looking to make your next career move in these specialisms, drop us a line and we can start matching your experience with some fantastic roles.Contact us
Thinking of placing a position?
If you are an employer and want to know more about our specialist recruitment services, please get in touch today.Discuss your options