There’s currently a lot of opportunity for the transport industry. After all, the more consumers spend, the greater the need for freight to move the goods.
- The transport sector, along with related industries, employ more than 13.3 million Americans, making up 9.1% of the workforce.
- There’s significant foreign direct investment in the logistics and transportation sector (in 2018, this equated to $1.5 billion).
- In 2018, 5.25 trillion ton-miles of freight were transported by the USA. This is expected to increase to 7.67 trillion by 2045.
- The most popular transported good is transportation equipment, followed by electronic products, then chemicals.
- Transport accounts for up to 29% of US greenhouse gas emissions – the largest portion in total. Reducing these is a crucial goal for the sector.
Looking to advance your career?
If you're looking to make your next career move in these specialisms, drop us a line and we can start matching your experience with some fantastic roles.Contact us
Thinking of placing a position?
If you are an employer and want to know more about our specialist recruitment services, please get in touch today.Discuss your options