Engineering is pivotal to the USA’s success. While the pandemic caused a significant impact, technology and the right talent can help the industry get back on its feet.
- As of 2021, the engineering sector is worth $249.6bn to the economy.
- It’s expected that there will be 140,000 new jobs created in the engineering sector by 2030.
- The skills gap is a significant problem – while there will be plenty of roles available, around 2.4 million of these will be unfilled.
- Technological advancement is crucial, especially artificial intelligence (AI), automation, robotics, and cloud computing. But the current labor force is struggling to keep pace.
- The skills shortage is also affecting sustainability goals – the need for cleaner energy and climate action can’t be achieved without the right level of talent.
Looking to advance your career?
If you're looking to make your next career move in these specialisms, drop us a line and we can start matching your experience with some fantastic roles.Contact us
Thinking of placing a position?
If you are an employer and want to know more about our specialist recruitment services, please get in touch today.Discuss your options