The US has the second largest eCommerce market in the world – behind only China. With the pandemic propelling the sector on a global scale, it’s got a fruitful future ahead.
- eCommerce revenue currently totals over $5bn in the USA.
- The pandemic triggered a rise in US online shopping to $183 billion.
- Fashion makes up most eCommerce sales in the US (29%), followed by electronics and media (22%), toys, hobbies, and DIY (21%), furniture and appliances (17%), then food and personal care (12%).
- Amazon.com leads the eCommerce market, followed by Walmart.com and then bestbuy.com – collectively, they make up 30% of online revenue.
- By 2025, eCommerce sales are expected to account for more than 25% of retail sales.
Looking to advance your career?
If you're looking to make your next career move in these specialisms, drop us a line and we can start matching your experience with some fantastic roles.Contact us
Thinking of placing a position?
If you are an employer and want to know more about our specialist recruitment services, please get in touch today.Discuss your options