Vice President of Sales
- Permanent / Contract
- Available Immediately
About the candidate
This candidate is an accomplished sales professional with 25+ years in the consumer goods industry and over 16 years of experience in National Account Management. Results driven, organized, and highly motivated with a track record of growing leading brands in the lawn and garden arena in The United States, Canada, and Mexico. Articulate communicator, relationship builder, key stakeholder influencer.
What makes them great?
• Grew portfolio from $140M to $300M over 3 years.
• Implemented DeWalt cordless “branded bays” improving the customer shopping experience, doubling OPE cordless sales over two years.
• Successfully launched DeWalt in peripheral OPE categories outside of core portable (walk mowers, pressure washers)
• Eagle Award winner for outstanding performance (2020)
• Successfully placed and launched a clearing tool program, a new category for THD, resulting in incremental business
• Won store placement of premium Fiskars axes – a first for Fiskars – resulting in additional sales volume.
• Successfully placed a four SKU program of professional cutting tools forecasted to grow purchases in 2019.
Areas of expertise
• Meets sales targets of $700M annual.
• Manage, mentor, and develop a team of four sales managers with junior teams underneath. Acts as liaison between the sales team and internal cross functional teams to ensure success.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with hardware retailers’ senior managers, identifying future opportunities.
• Navigated the merging of teams and systems associated with a key acquisition that more than doubled the brands outdoor business.
• Manage sales and service groups representing ECHO in government exchanges (AAFES, NEX)
• Lead cross functional teams (product, marketing, customer service, and demand planning) to ensure goals are met.
• Collaborate with product development teams to identify new product opportunities.