The manufacturing industry is at the heart of the US economy. Because of the pandemic, supply chains have shifted, and there’s now pressure to capitalize on digital to keep pace with the sector.
- Manufacturing is the face of US innovation, and was found to be the greatest driver in the nation.
- It’s anticipated that an additional 4.6 million manufacturing jobs will be required over the next decade.
- The skills shortage is a major challenge, in fact, most leaders have named limited talent pools, labor competition and government subsidies as problems with manufacturing staffing.
- With the pandemic demonstrating that the USA has a reliance on overseas manufacturing, and the resulting issues of delayed shipping and increased costs, supply chains are shifting locally. This is boosting reliability and helping the sector recover.
- Manufacturing uses around one third of the world’s engineering, but sustainable manufacturing is on the rise to tackle the negative environmental impact.
- Digital investment is core, with digital twins in particular providing the opportunity for manufacturers to be more resilient and flexible.
Looking to advance your career?
If you're looking to make your next career move in these specialisms, drop us a line and we can start matching your experience with some fantastic roles.Contact us
Thinking of placing a position?
If you are an employer and want to know more about our specialist recruitment services, please get in touch today.Discuss your options